Monday 1 June 2020

Pro Lacrosse Player Paul Rabil Credits Plant-Based Diet For Helping His Sciatica

From plantbasednews.org

The athlete removed animal products from his diet after suffering with two herniated discs and sciatic pain in his legs

Professional lacrosse player, and co-founder of the Premier Lacrosse League, Paul Rabil has credited a plant-based diet for alleviating his sciatica.

The athlete revealed in a recent YouTube video that he removed meat and dairy from his diet after the 2019 sporting season ended - announcing himself as 'officially vegan'.

                   'I started focusing and doubling down more on veganism' (Photo: Instagram)

'Focusing on veganism'

"The primary purpose [of going plant-based] at first was to help solve some pain and trauma that I was going through. Over the last two years, I've had two herniated discs.... and that has led to a ton of shooting pain down my legs, its called sciatica.

"I've tried to a lot of things; I've had a number of cortisone shots; I've done physical therapy for two years. And I reached a place where I was thinking 'okay maybe I can solve this with nutrition because a lot of our pain stems from inflammation...

"Within a few weeks, I started noticing a lot of alleviation so I started focusing and doubling down more on veganism..."

Rabil's YouTube video - entitled 'My Vegan Diet' - also shows what the star eats in a typical week. Foods such as fruit, tofu, hummus, and plant-based meat from Beyond Meat are featured - as well as plant-milks and vegan protein powder.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/culture/paul-rabil-credits-plant-based-diet-for-helping-sciatica


No comments:

Post a Comment